This blog is to update you on my latest endeavors and to share another plant-based recipe with you. I have been busy of late which is why I haven’t been posting much. Time just slips away. Watch the video for more info on that.
Now, time for another installment of the salad in a jar series. This one is a made with roasted veggies, chickpeas and tofu. I have included a link to the recipe below, but I have also included my version which is enough to fill 5 jars so you have lunch or dinner for a week.
CLICK HERE for the link to the recipe. Mine is below.
about 1/2 cup hummus
juice from 1/2 a lemon
garlic/potato sauce (optional — I got mine from a local Mediterranean restaurant — or just add a garlic clove or 2 if you want that garlicy flavor)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
about 1/2 cup of water (the runnier the better — otherwise it won’t shake and coat the veggies when cold)
large head of broccoli — cut up into small pieces
1 can chickpeas
10-12 Brussels sprouts, halved
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
½ cup firm tofu, pressed and chopped (make sure it’s non-GMO)
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup (40 g) spinach (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut up the Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Reserve about 1/2 cup broccoli.
3. Drain the chickpeas well and remove skins, if possible.
4. Press tofu to drain and cut up into small chunks.
5. Put everything into a large bowl.
6. Mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Whisk together. Pour over the vegetables to coat.
7. Bake 45-60 minutes or until everything is tender (especially the brussel sprouts and sweet potato.
8. While baking, make the dressing and put evenly into 5 jars.
9. When the veggies are done, put them into the 5 jars leaving about 1-2 inches at the top.
10. Put the spinach at the top and close the lid.
11. Keep the jars refrigerated for up to 5 days.