Holidays can be difficult if you are plant based eater. These treats are cruelty free AND no one will know they are vegan so everyone can enjoy them. Of course, they are treats, so these are not low calorie. But during the holidays, why not? In the video I show you how to make two different treats: sugar cookies and brownies.
Brownie Recipe: Click HERE to get to the recipe. I didn’t mention in the video that zucchini is one of the veggies which are GMO. Be sure to buy organic if possible.
Sugar Cookies Recipe:
1 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup organic sugar
1 egg yolk substitute (see note below)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup organic flour
3/4 cup coarsely crushed potato chips
3/4 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine butter and sugar. Beat with a mixer.
3. Add egg yolk substitute and vanilla.
4. Gradually add flour and mix well.
5. Stir in potato chips and pretzels.
6. Shape into whatever shape you like and place on an un-greased baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart
7. Bake 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
8. Cool completely.
9. Melt chocolate and spread it onto the cookie or dip the cookie in the chocolate.
10. The cookies are ready to eat when the chocolate firms up.
Egg Yolk Substitute — Option 1
2 T apple cider vinegar + 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Egg Yolk Substitute — Option 2 (preferred)
I used 2 T of this for the cookies
1 T chick pea flour
1 T organic white flour
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. oil
Whisk flour and water. Heat in microwave 2 minutes. Add oil and beat well. Refrigerate up to 1 month.