I got this recipe when I went to a vegan potluck. So many flavors and colors. Beautiful and tasty. I would love to hear your comments if you try it. The recipe is below.
California Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa
1 ½ cup water (for cooking quinoa)
10 oz. frozen mango, thawed (or fresh mango)
1 ½ c. frozen edamame boiled for 5 minutes, then cooled
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, chopped
2 T cilantro, chopped
¾ c. grated unsweetened coconut
¾ cup cashews
2/3 cup dried cranberries
Juice of 2 limes
2 T agave nectar or maple syrup
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa well. Bring water and quinoa to a boil, then cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- When all the liquid has cooked out, fluff quinoa and let cool
- Place cooled quinoa and all the ingredients (except lime juice, vinegar, sweetener) in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and sweetener together. Pour over rest of the ingredients and stir together well.
- Cover an chill before serving.